Step 2 is a membership class that will help you gain a solid understanding of what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ.
Please download the... NEW MEMBER CARD
We would greatly appreciate if you can print it and fill it out before coming.
Before you attend Step 2 we suggest you attend Step 1. This is a great way to learn about Faithway and meet the Pastor and some of the leaders. This is not required for membership, but we do think it is a good idea to attend!
Step 2 is offered several times annually. We discuss the history of our church, describe a disciple of Jesus Christ, explain our church government, what the Bible says about baptism, and the commitments of members of Faithway Baptist Church.
After the application is completed and returned, a membership interview will be conducted with one of our church leaders. Don't let the word "interview" scare you. This is our opportunity to hear how you came to Jesus Christ and how your life has changed as a result. Plus, you'll have the opportunity to ask any remaining questions about the church.
Want to know more about becoming a member of Faithway Baptist Church? Here are some frequently asked questions about membership.
Q: Why should I become a member of a church?
A: At Faithway, we believe that God's word makes membership in the local church a priority both for the people and for the pastors. People may come and go on a Sunday, but Scripture is clear that the pastors in the local church are called to shepherd the flock that is among them and that requires a means of identifying who that is. Additionally, God's people are blessed and served by submitting themselves to spiritual authority in a local church and to proper care of the church over their souls.
Q: How do I become a member at Faithway?
A person interested in membership is invited to complete the Step 2 membership class, and is encouraged to serve in one of the many opportunities in a Faithway ministry.
The prospective member should complete a membership application prior to the Step 2 class. Once the application for membership is received, the next step is a leader interview. During the meeting with a church leader, the prospective member shares testimony of conversion to Christ and asks any remaining questions about the church.
Q: What are the membership commitments?
A: Members agree to adhere to the following four commitments:
1. I have, by faith, become a follower of Jesus Christ and have been baptized as a visible way of demonstrating that commitment.
2. I will, with God's help, seek to maintain my consistent disciplines of prayer, Bible study, quietness with God, and attendance at worship services.
3. I will neither criticize nor listen to criticism concerning any member of this body and will, when personally offended, speak directly and lovingly with those involved.
4. I will financially support the ministries of Faithway Baptist Church by faithfully giving back to the Lord a biblical portion of my increase.
Q: Who can become a member of Faithway Baptist Church?
A: There are two requirements for membership:
1. A clear personal testimony of personal faith in Jesus Christ alone as the payment for sin and trust in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.
2. Baptism by immersion and a public statement that identifies that person as a follower of Jesus Christ.
Click HERE to register for the next STEP 2 Class